Option 1 - Setup through our Liberador App
The easiest way of configuring your Fire TV to use Liberador.net Smart DNS is to install the Liberador App available on the Appstore.
With the Liberador App you will be able to use our Smart DNS and also our Smart VPN that encrypts the communications with our Smart DNS servers making it possible to use them while connected to a network that filters DNS communication with DNS Hijacking. It is very common on Public WiFi networks.
With the Liberador App you will be able to activate and deactivate Liberador.net Smart DNS or Smart VPN with One Click.
Option 2 - Manual setup
- Go to Settings.
- Go to My Fire TV.
- Go to About.
- Go to Network and write down the displayed informations (IP Address, Gateway, Subnet Mask).
- Go to Settings > Network.
- Select your network then press the menu button on your remote control to forget this network.
- Press the select button on your remote control to confirm forgetting this network.
- Select your network again in the list.
- Enter your WiFi password but instead of pressing the connect button, press the Advanced button.
- Enter the IP Address you previously wrote down on step 4 then press Next.
- Enter the Gateway address you previously wrote down then press Next.
- For the Network Prefix Length, if you wrote down the Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0 then enter 24, if you wrote down 255.255.255.255 then enter 32. Press Next.
- For DNS 1, enter 188.8.131.52 then press Next.
- For DNS 2, enter 184.108.40.206 then press CONNECT.
- Once your configuration is over and saved, restart your Fire TV by going to Settings > My Fire TV > Restart then confirm by selecting Restart.