Steps to setup Apple TV 4:
- From the Apple TV Main menu, click on Settings.
- Click on Network.
- The network menu will display your current network configuration. Click on the configuration listed under Connection.
- Choose your network.
- Click on Configure DNS and then Manual.
- Enter the following DNS address: 188.8.131.52
- Click on Done.
- Go back to Settings.
- Click on System.
- Click on Restart.
Steps to setup Apple TV 2 & 3
- On Apple TV go to the Settings> General> Network
- Select Wi-Fi for wireless network or Ethernet if you have wired connections. For wireless network you'll have to select Wi-Fi network and may need to enter Wi-Fi password if needed.
- Select Configure DNS ans select Manual.
- Enter the following DNS server number: 184.108.40.206
- Click Done.
- Confirm on Network screen the DNS address is the numbers you entered (leading zeros will be omitted).
- To make sure the US Apps are present on your Apple TV please go to Settings> iTunes Store> Location
- Select United States
- Go back to Settings and select Sleep now
- Unplug the Apple TV power cord.
- Wait ten seconds
- Plug the cable back in your Apple TV
First step of troubleshooting should always be to restart device(s) and router. Then check your account status in your account. You should always see 3 green check marks if the device you are using to visit the account home is set up correctly.