- From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences. Then click Network
- Select either Wi-Fi or Ethernet depending on the method you use to connect to the Internet.
- Once selected click the advanced button on the lower right hand side.
- Select the DNS tab.
- In the DNS Servers section of the window, click the Add (+) button
- Add 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
- Remove any other DNS address
- Click OK
- Click Apply
- Restart your computer
First step of troubleshooting should always be to restart device(s) and router. Then check your account status in your account. You should always see 3 green check marks if the device you are using to visit the account home is set up correctly.