To be able to install some apps that are available only to certain App Store countries, you will need to have an Apple ID created for each country App Store.
If you do not have yet an Apple ID for the country you want, you will first need to create one following theses tutorials:
- How to create a US App Store Apple ID account
- How to create an Apple ID account for the Brazilian App Store
- How to create a French Apple ID account to access the France App Store
- How to create a UK Apple ID account to access the UK App Store
- How to create a Canadian Apple ID account to access the Canada App Store
Once you have the desired countries Apple IDs, follow these steps on your iPad/iPhone:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on on your current Apple ID shown in the Apple ID, iCloud, Media & Purchases section
- Tap Media & Purchases, choose Sign Out and confirm by tapping the Sign Out button in the dialog box.
- Tap Media & Purchases
- If you get a dialog box asking to use one of your Apple IDs that is not configured for the country you want to switch to, tap Not <your name>?
- In the Apple ID Sign in dialog box, enter the Email of the Apple ID associated to the country you want, then tap Next.
- Enter this Apple ID Password, then tap Next.
You should now be able to see the Email address of the Apple ID in the Media & Purchases section. This means that now when you open the App Store on your iPad/iPhone, you will access the App Store of the country associated to this Apple ID. You will be able to install apps on your iPad/iPhone from this country for as long as this Apple ID is the one signed in for Media & Purchases.
Once you have installed all the apps you wanted from this country App Store, you can switch back to your original country App Store by following the same steps using your original country Apple ID Email and Password.
Note that when you switch from one App Store country to another one using different Apple IDs as explained in this tutorial, it will not remove the apps you installed for the different countries. This way you will be able to have apps from both countries installed and available on your iPad/iPhone at any time.
If some app needs to be updated while you are signed in with a different Apple ID than the one used to install this App, your iPad/iPhone may ask you the password of the Apple ID used to install the App to be able to update it without needing to change the configured App Store country on your iPad/iPhone.
You should also be aware that you do not need to sign out of your iCloud account to switch between App Store countries on you iPad/iPhone as it is totally possible to be signed in with a different Apple ID for iCloud and for the App Store in the Media & Purchases section.